Volunteers' Evening 2014
Thursday 13th November 2014
Our volunteers mean a lot to us – without them CoStar would not run as well as it does. Volunteers contribute greatly to the projects and activities at CoStar and we appreciate everything they do for us. Our annual volunteers’ evening gives us the chance to say thank you to them all. Our Chairman Cllr Phil Seabourne presented each volunteer with a certificate then there was chance for everyone to socialise and enjoy a buffet supper.
Special thanks to Zanzi our canine ‘volunteer’ who helps lead our walking group!
Our thanks go to the all following people who have regularly given their time to help us run our projects throughout the past year:
- Karen Meredith who runs our Thursday afternoon cafe and acts as our caretaker
- Paul De-warne who manages our allotment
- Haulwen Bird who helps with our breakfast cafe and lunch club
- Marina Brierley who helps with our breakfast cafe and lunch club
- Kyran Brierley who helps with our breakfast cafe and special events
- John Howles who built and designed our website
- Beverley Huish who runs our craft class and helped present the All Our Histories Project
- Mandy Cousins who is a volunteer walk leader and bakes delicious cakes for everyone
- Val Sinderby who helps with our Christmas parties and special events
- Anne Arnold who helps with our lunch club and special events
- Andrew Brennan who helps pack bags for our foodshare co-op
- Rowan Gaunt who helps with our lunch club
- Dennis Lloyd who helps in the kitchen
- Rachael Pothecary who helps pack bags for our foodshare co-op
- Michelle Gough who helps pack bags for our foodshare co-o
- Zanzi for being our mascot!
We would also like to thank our trustees – Councillor Phil Seabourne, Rose Seabourne, Councillor Tom Matthews, Councillor Jeff Rees, Collette Willis and Richard Davies – who all give their time freely to help steer and oversee the charity.